Family Recipe Challenge
Please enjoy and share! :-)
Welcome to the 6th recipe challenge organized on Very Good Recipes!
The theme for this challenge has been selected by 5 food bloggers who have kindly accepted to be the judges for the challenge. Each judge is also presenting his or her own recipe of the theme they selected. The judges will select the winners at the end of the challenge (and of course they cannot win).
The judges for this month are:
- Diane from Simple Living with Diane Balch
- Jude from Jude's Juice
- Neshanne from Oishii Treats
- Rachel from Blissfully Scrumptious
- Tess from Slow Cooking Kitchen
- Viya from Spice N Flavor
Thanks a lot to the food bloggers who volunteered to become judges! The judges change every month, so there will be an opportunity to be a judge for all the bloggers who want it. Please e-mail me if you would like to become a judge for an upcoming challenge.
This month theme is: Family Recipes.
Since Mother's Day and Father's Day are celebrated in May in many parts of the world, the judges decided on a theme that celebrates family. The theme for this months is Family Recipes. To participate, you need to share with us a recipe that was handed down to you by your mother or father, your grandmother or grandfather, or someone else from your family.
It will certainly a great opportunity to discover wonderful recipes that daughters and sons and granddaughters and grandsons remember fondly! Don't forget to tell us who gave you the recipes and the story behind it!
The challenge is open to everyone, whether you have a food blog or not.
In order to participate, you need to enter a recipe on the theme "Family Recipes": a recipe that was handed down to you by a member of your family.
- If you have a food blog registered on Very Good Recipes, you just need to publish your recipe on your blog with a link to the challenge page http://verygoodrecipes.com/family-challenge in the text of your recipe. It will then be automatically listed on this page. (if you don't see it after 30 minutes, please e-mail me)
- If you have a food blog (or a blog with a recipe category or label) but are not yet registered on Very Good Recipes, you can register in 30 seconds.
- If you do not have a blog, you can participate by sending me your recipe with one or more pictures. I will publish your recipe on Very Good Recipe's blog so that it can be displayed on the challenge page.
- There must be at least one picture in your recipe, and both the recipe and picture need to be your own. If your recipe is inspired by another, please mention it in your recipe.
- You cannot use an already published recipe to participate in the challenge, you need to publish a new recipe (otherwise there's no challenge!)
- We would love to have participations from all around the world, including from blogs in languages other than English. Please do include an English translation of your recipe in your post though. :-) If you need help with the translation (proofreading etc.), we will be glad to help if we can.
- You can participate with at most 3 recipes.
You can participate from May 4th 2012 until May 31st 2012 included.
The judges will select the winning recipes.
1st place, 2nd place and 3rd place
I will offer a cookbook of their choice to each of the 3 winners (up to $30 value). Shipped to your place wherever you are!
I am looking for sponsors to offer prizes for the next challenges. If you have contacts of potential sponsors who could offer cool prizes (or if you would like to offer a prize yourself), Please let me know!
Laurels and badge
All the participants will receive a badge with laurels that will be displayed on Very Good Recipes (on their page and in the huge list of food blogs). You can also display it on your blog or your challenge recipe if you want to.
Feel free to add the badge to your recipe (HTML code below):
<div style="text-align:center;"> <img src="http://verygoodrecipes.com/images/badges/family-challenge/1.90x120.png" width="90" height="120" /> <a href="http://verygoodrecipes.com/family-challenge">Family Challenge</a><br /> on <a href="http://verygoodrecipes.com/">Very Good Recipes</a> </div>
Please add the link and/or badge only on the participating recipe, not on the side column of all your blog, so that only your participating recipe be listed on the challenge page. Thank you!
Winners will get gold, silver and bronze laurels.
Thanks a lot to the judges to make this challenge possible!
I hope you will enjoy the challenge and that many of you will participate! Have fun!
There are 20 Family Challenge recipes on Very Good Recipes.
Do you like family challenge recipes?
Click on the title of a recipe or the photo of a dish to read the full recipe on its author's blog.