Valentine Hearts: Heart-shaped dishes for Valentine's Day!
Please share with all your loved ones! :-)
For Valentine's Day 2012, instead of buying jewelry, queuing at the flower shop (or its more impersonal variant: having flowers delivered by an online florist), prepare a dish with lots of love and make it heart-shaped!
To practice and to share ideas, you can participate to the Food Bloggers Valentine Hearts project!
Between January 14th and February 14th 2012, publish on your food blog a recipe of a heart-shaped dish. All the recipes will be automatically listed on this page, and on February 14th, I will create a mosaic with all the hearts!
In order to create a beautiful mosaic of hearts, we can adopt and adapt the idea from Flickr's square circle group: participants in this group send pictures of round objects centered inside a square. For Valentine's Day, we can adapt this great idea by having everyone submit a heart centered in a rectangle corresponding to the "landscape" mode of cameras (4/3 aspect ratio: width is equal to four third of the height: 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768 etc.).
As an example, here is a heart made of disguised fruits from Signé Déco (recipe in French):
All types of dishes are allowed: sweet or salted, appetizers, entrees, desserts. The only condition is the shape: a heart!
I will also display the participating recipes on the front page of Very Good Recipes.
- Prepare a heart-shaped dish.
- Take a picture of your dish from above.
- In your favorite photo editor (Gimp is free and great), clip the picture so that the heart is centered inside a rectangle with a 4/3 aspect ratio.
- Publish the recipe on your blog: make the clipped picture of your heart the first picture of the post and add a link to this page: http://verygoodrecipes.com/valentine-hearts
- If your blog isn't already registered on the site, add it in 30 seconds so that your recipe can be automatically listed on this page.
- Optional: you can join the Valentine Hearts Facebook group and announce your participation there.
You can also use the opportunity to earn a Valentine crown!
You can get a crown with 2 recipes linked to http://verygoodrecipes.com/valentine
I hope you will like this project. For any comment or suggestion, my mailbox is wide open!
There are 23 Valentine Hearts recipes on Very Good Recipes.
Do you like valentine hearts recipes?
Click on the title of a recipe or the photo of a dish to read the full recipe on its author's blog.