Breakfasts of the World recipe challenge
Please enjoy and share! :-)
Welcome to the 2nd recipe challenge organized on Very Good Recipes!
The theme for this challenge has been selected by 10 food bloggers who have kindly accepted to be the judges for the challenge. Each judge is also presenting his or her own recipe of the theme they selected. The judges will select the winners at the end of the challenge (and of course they cannot win).
The judges for this month are:
- Drina from Eaternal Zest
- Françoise from A French Cook Diary
- Judy from Jude's Juice
- Kiri from Healthy Foodie Travels
- Kym from Free Spirit Eater
- Leslie from Cooking Memoirs
- Marie-Claire from Half a Century of Recipes
- Meta from Cooking with Barry and Meta
- Mimi from Mimi Cooks
- Simona from Briciole
Thanks a lot to the food bloggers who volunteered to become judges! The judges change every month, so there will be an opportunity to be a judge for all the bloggers who want it. Please e-mail me if you would like to become a judge for an upcoming challenge.
This month theme is: Breakfasts of the World.
There are many different food people eat to start their day, depending on their culture, the place they live in, and of course their taste. To participate in our challenge this month, you will have to publish a recipe of a breakfast dish. Your dish can be sweet or savory. Please submit only one dish, not the whole breakfast buffet! To make it more a challenge, you can prepare a breakfast dish from a different country than your own, or you can add your twist to a traditional dish from your country.
It was fantastic to get so many great contributions from all parts of the world in the first recipe challenge last month, and this month we are very much hoping that we will also get a lot of great entries from many different regions and countries!
The challenge is open to everyone, whether you have a food blog or not.
In order to participate, you need to enter a recipe on the theme of "Breakfasts of the World".
- If you have a food blog registered on Very Good Recipes, you just need to publish your recipe on your blog with a link to the challenge page http://verygoodrecipes.com/breakfasts-of-the-world-challenge in the text of your recipe. It will then be automatically listed on this page. (if you don't see it after 30 minutes, please e-mail me)
- Since this is a very international challenge, please also include a link to the page dedicated to the country where your breakfasts originates from. e.g. http://verygoodrecipes.com/india.
If the page for your country does not exist yet, it will be created when you publish your recipe. The url is of the form http://verygoodrecipes.com/country-name with the country name in lowercase and with dashes instead of spaces.
This will allow me to display your recipes on a Google Map like this one: Cuisine du Monde. This one is on the French version of Very Good Recipes, and thanks to your recipes, I will be able to create one for Very Good Recipes as well!.
- If you have a food blog (or a blog with a recipe category or label) but are not yet registered on Very Good Recipes, you can register in 30 seconds.
- If you do not have a blog, you can participate by sending me your recipe with one or more pictures. I will publish your recipe on Very Good Recipe's blog so that it can be displayed on the challenge page.
- There must be at least one picture in your recipe, and both the recipe and picture need to be your own. If your recipe is inspired by another, please mention it in your recipe.
- You cannot use an already published recipe to participate in the challenge, you need to publish a new recipe (otherwise there's no challenge!)
- We would love to have participations from all around the world, including from blogs in languages other than English. Please do include an English translation of your recipe in your post though. :-) If you need help with the translation (proofreading etc.), we will be glad to help if we can.
- You can participate with only one recipe.
You can participate from Monday January 9th 2012 until Monday January 30th 2012 included.
The judges will select the winning recipes.
1st, 2nd and 3rd place
I will offer a cookbook of their choice to each of the 3 winners (up to $30 value). And since this is the Breakfasts of the World challenge, I will offer worldwide shipping too! :-)
I am looking for sponsors to offer prizes for the next challenges. If you have contacts of potential sponsors who could offer cool prizes (or if you would like to offer a prize yourself), Please let me know!
Laurels and badge
All the participants will receive a badge with laurels that will be displayed on Very Good Recipes (on their page and in the huge list of food blogs). You can also display it on your blog or your challenge recipe if you want to.
Feel free to add the badge to your recipe (HTML code below):
<div style="text-align:center;"> <img src="http://verygoodrecipes.com/images/badges/breakfasts-of-the-world-challenge/1.90x120.png" width="90" height="120" /> <a href="http://verygoodrecipes.com/breakfasts-of-the-world-challenge">Breakfasts of the World Challenge</a><br /> on <a href="http://verygoodrecipes.com/">Very Good Recipes</a> </div>
Winners will get gold, silver and bronze laurels.
Thanks a lot to the judges and our generous sponsor to make this challenge possible!
I hope you will enjoy the challenge and that many of you will participate! Have fun!
1st placeBreakfast full of vitamines : French citrus crepes - Thin pancakes By PP Poppy's cooking
2nd placeFlatbread from Savonia – Savolainen Pannurieska for Breakfast By Naked Plate
3rd placeSoda bread with tomato, bacon, black pudding & an egg - breakfast of champions By Jenny Eatwell's Rhubarb & Ginger
Congratulations to the winners, and thanks a lot to all the participants and the judges!
There are 67 Breakfasts of the World Challenge recipes on Very Good Recipes.
Do you like breakfasts of the world challenge recipes?
Click on the title of a recipe or the photo of a dish to read the full recipe on its author's blog.
The best breakfasts of the world challenge recipe