April Fool Recipe Challenge
Please enjoy and share! :-)
Welcome to the 5th recipe challenge organized on Very Good Recipes!
The theme for this challenge has been selected by 7 food bloggers who have kindly accepted to be the judges for the challenge. Each judge is also presenting his or her own recipe of the theme they selected. The judges will select the winners at the end of the challenge (and of course they cannot win).
The judges for this month are:
- Agnès from Interprétations Culinaires
- Drina from Eaternal Zest
- Francesca from Burro e Zucchero
- Jessie from Jessie CookingMoments
- Lai-Lyn from donnowhat2cook
- Simona from Briciole
- Zack from The Irish Food Guide Blog
Thanks a lot to the food bloggers who volunteered to become judges! The judges change every month, so there will be an opportunity to be a judge for all the bloggers who want it. Please e-mail me if you would like to become a judge for an upcoming challenge.
This month theme is: April Fool.
April Fool's Day is of course on April 1st, but this year we are having an April Fool's Month lasting all of April 2012!
The challenge is to publish a recipe of a dish that looks like something but is actually made out of something completely different.
Here a few examples of disguised dishes found on the web:
- Fake sunny side up fried eggs that are in fact apricot halves and yogurt
- Amazing watermelon slices. Too beautiful to be true?
The challenge is open to everyone, whether you have a food blog or not.
In order to participate, you need to enter a recipe on the theme "April Fool": a dish that appears to be something, but is made out of something else entirely.
- If you have a food blog registered on Very Good Recipes, you just need to publish your recipe on your blog with a link to the challenge page http://verygoodrecipes.com/april-fool-challenge in the text of your recipe. It will then be automatically listed on this page. (if you don't see it after 30 minutes, please e-mail me)
- If you have a food blog (or a blog with a recipe category or label) but are not yet registered on Very Good Recipes, you can register in 30 seconds.
- If you do not have a blog, you can participate by sending me your recipe with one or more pictures. I will publish your recipe on Very Good Recipe's blog so that it can be displayed on the challenge page.
- There must be at least one picture in your recipe, and both the recipe and picture need to be your own. If your recipe is inspired by another, please mention it in your recipe.
- You cannot use an already published recipe to participate in the challenge, you need to publish a new recipe (otherwise there's no challenge!)
- We would love to have participations from all around the world, including from blogs in languages other than English. Please do include an English translation of your recipe in your post though. :-) If you need help with the translation (proofreading etc.), we will be glad to help if we can.
- You can participate with only one recipe.
You can participate from April 1st 2012 until April 30th 2012 included.
The judges will select the winning recipes.
1st place, 2nd place and 3rd place
I will offer a cookbook of their choice to each of the 3 winners (up to $30 value). Shipped to your place wherever you are!
I am looking for sponsors to offer prizes for the next challenges. If you have contacts of potential sponsors who could offer cool prizes (or if you would like to offer a prize yourself), Please let me know!
Laurels and badge
All the participants will receive a badge with laurels that will be displayed on Very Good Recipes (on their page and in the huge list of food blogs). You can also display it on your blog or your challenge recipe if you want to.
Feel free to add the badge to your recipe (HTML code below):
<div style="text-align:center;"> <img src="http://verygoodrecipes.com/images/badges/april-fool-challenge/1.90x120.png" width="90" height="120" /> <a href="http://verygoodrecipes.com/april-fool-challenge">April Fool Challenge</a><br /> on <a href="http://verygoodrecipes.com/">Very Good Recipes</a> </div>
Please add the link and/or badge only on the participating recipe, not on the side column of all your blog, so that only your participating recipe be listed on the challenge page. Thank you!
Winners will get gold, silver and bronze laurels.
Thanks a lot to the judges to make this challenge possible!
I hope you will enjoy the challenge and that many of you will participate! Have fun!
Mini burger anyone interested By Amelia's De-ssert
"Pizza Margherita" By Cakes, Bakes and other bits
Red Egg Jelly By my little favourites DIY
Congratulations to the winners, and thanks a lot to all the participants and the judges!
There are 23 April Fool Challenge recipes on Very Good Recipes.
Do you like april fool challenge recipes?
Click on the title of a recipe or the photo of a dish to read the full recipe on its author's blog.
The best april fool challenge recipe