Saint-Patrick Recipe Challenge
Please enjoy and share! :-)
Welcome to the 4th recipe challenge organized on Very Good Recipes!
The theme for this challenge has been selected by 10 food bloggers who have kindly accepted to be the judges for the challenge. Each judge is also presenting his or her own recipe of the theme they selected. The judges will select the winners at the end of the challenge (and of course they cannot win).
The judges for this month are:
- Angie from Big Bear's Wife
- Antonella from Sapori in Concerto
- Colette from Cakes, Bakes and other Bits
- Dima from Dima's Kitchen
- Drina from Eaternal Zest
- Marta from Princess Misia Recipes
- Maslinka from Ja u kuhinji
- Meta from Cooking with Barry & Meta
- Pauline from Poppy Cooking
- Stefania from Big Shade
Thanks a lot to the food bloggers who volunteered to become judges! The judges change every month, so there will be an opportunity to be a judge for all the bloggers who want it. Please e-mail me if you would like to become a judge for an upcoming challenge.
This month theme is: Saint-Patrick.
Saint-Patrick's Day is on March 17th 2012. To celebrate Saint-Patrick, the judges for the March recipe challenge are asking that you submit Saint-Patrick's Day food recipes with some green in it. Your dish does not have to be all green, but it needs some green in it. The green color also goes well with the start of Spring (March 21st in many countries, but in Ireland Spring starts on February 2nd (Saint-Brigid's Day), which is also Groundhog's Day in the US).
The challenge is open to everyone, whether you have a food blog or not.
In order to participate, you need to enter a recipe on the theme "Saint-Patrick", with something Green in your dish.
- If you have a food blog registered on Very Good Recipes, you just need to publish your recipe on your blog with a link to the challenge page http://verygoodrecipes.com/saint-patrick-challenge in the text of your recipe. It will then be automatically listed on this page. (if you don't see it after 30 minutes, please e-mail me)
- If you have a food blog (or a blog with a recipe category or label) but are not yet registered on Very Good Recipes, you can register in 30 seconds.
- If you do not have a blog, you can participate by sending me your recipe with one or more pictures. I will publish your recipe on Very Good Recipe's blog so that it can be displayed on the challenge page.
- There must be at least one picture in your recipe, and both the recipe and picture need to be your own. If your recipe is inspired by another, please mention it in your recipe.
- You cannot use an already published recipe to participate in the challenge, you need to publish a new recipe (otherwise there's no challenge!)
- We would love to have participations from all around the world, including from blogs in languages other than English. Please do include an English translation of your recipe in your post though. :-) If you need help with the translation (proofreading etc.), we will be glad to help if we can.
- You can participate with only one recipe.
You can participate from Friday March 9th 2012 until Sunday April 1st 2012 included.
The judges will select the winning recipes.
1st place, 2nd place and 3rd place
I will offer a cookbook of their choice to each of the 3 winners (up to $30 value). Shipped to your place wherever you are!
I am looking for sponsors to offer prizes for the next challenges. If you have contacts of potential sponsors who could offer cool prizes (or if you would like to offer a prize yourself), Please let me know!
Laurels and badge
All the participants will receive a badge with laurels that will be displayed on Very Good Recipes (on their page and in the huge list of food blogs). You can also display it on your blog or your challenge recipe if you want to.
Feel free to add the badge to your recipe (HTML code below):
<div style="text-align:center;"> <img src="http://verygoodrecipes.com/images/badges/saint-patrick-challenge/1.90x120.png" width="90" height="120" /> <a href="http://verygoodrecipes.com/saint-patrick-challenge">Saint-Patrick Challenge</a><br /> on <a href="http://verygoodrecipes.com/">Very Good Recipes</a> </div>
Please add the link and/or badge only on the participating recipe, not on the side column of all your blog, so that only your participating recipe be listed on the challenge page. Thank you!
Winners will get gold, silver and bronze laurels.
Thanks a lot to the judges to make this challenge possible!
I hope you will enjoy the challenge and that many of you will participate! Have fun!
I Saw Feet! ~ Matcha Macarons By Anncoo Journal
Spinach Loaf Bread/ Water Roux Method (Custard paste) By Vivian Pang Kitchen
Puff Pastry – Spinach Pockets By Feats of Feasts
Update: I made a mistake when trying to enforce the "Only one recipe per person" rule (by keeping only the first one). So to be fair to all participants, we decided to select a 4th winner, who will also receive a cookbook.
For future challenges, I will remove that rule as it has proven to be more confusing than useful.
Psychedelic bread_parte seconda: pane alle bietole ed erbette By babà che bontà
Congratulations to the winners, and thanks a lot to all the participants and the judges!
You can now participate in the April Fool's Challenge
There are 62 Saint-Patrick Challenge recipes on Very Good Recipes.
Do you like saint-patrick challenge recipes?
Click on the title of a recipe or the photo of a dish to read the full recipe on its author's blog.
The best saint-patrick challenge recipe